A preview of the July feature update is now available to Insider Slow participants. The version number is 15.24 (160707). You'll soon be prompted to update, if it hasn't happened already. (For more about updates, see Check for Office for Mac updates automatically.)
What's new in update 15.24?
New features include the following:
- Find shared files: In Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, click
File > Shared to see documents, workbooks, and presentations that others have recently shared with you. (This feature requires an Office 365 subscription.)
- More Control Over Objects: In Word, we've added the Selection Pane so you can keep track of all the objects in your document and rearrange their placement and order.
- Interactive controls: In Word, date pickers, drop down lists, and many other content controls in your documents are now interactive.
- Ink annotations: In OneNote, use your mouse or trackpad to write, draw, and highlight with the tools on the new
- Tidier notes: Use new grid and lined page backgrounds in OneNote to keep your handwriting and drawings neat and tidy.
- Pen tablet support: In OneNote, use your drawing tablet or display that uses a pen or a stylus to write, draw, and erase in your notes.
- 64-bit version of Office 2016 for Mac: Last but not least, we're pleased to bring the 64-bit version of Office 2016 for Mac to our Office Insider Slow audience. To get the 64-bit version, you don't need to do anything other than install update 15.24 (160707). To find out more, see our initial 64-bit release of Office 2016 for Mac is now live! If you use the EndNote Cite While You Write (CWYW) add-in in Word 2016 for Mac, join the EndNote beta testing program to get access to an early version of their 64-bit add-in.
For a running list of new features, see What's New and Improved in Office 2016 for Mac for Office 365.