Hello Office Insiders,
Today, we released update 16.0.6868* for Office Mobile apps for Windows tablet and phone, also available to you as a part of the Windows Insider program.
As an Insider, you are the first to see these improvements and a few new features.
Here’s a quick look at what’s available:
· Contextual Toolbar in Word & PowerPoint Mobile 2016 for Windows Phone Edit with speed with the new toolbar that gives you all your favorite commands in one place, available exclusively for Insiders on Windows phone.
· Smart Lookup in Word, Excel & PowerPoint Mobile 2016 Press and hold on a word or phrase and choose Smart Lookup. Now you have quick information, images and more.
· Enhanced formatting options for SmartArt in Word, Excel, & PowerPoint Mobile 2016 If you have an Office 365 subscription, you can now use painter for SmartArt edits with Office.
· Take audio notes with OneNote on Windows 10 Mobile Record a quick audio reminder or sound clip for easier note-taking with our free OneNote app.
· Tables built for touch in Word Mobile 2016 Work easy with enhanced touch control when using tables in your Word doc. Insert and resize rows and columns.
· Open CSV text files and more in Excel Mobile 2016 Open comma separated values (.csv) text files on your Windows device. Sharing workbooks is easier and has more options.
· Create columns of text in PowerPoint Mobile 2016 Split a block of text into easy-to-read columns.
For a full list of features, check out What’s New in Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile.
What version of Office should I have?
For your convenience, here are the build numbers for the individual Office apps:
Word Mobile - 16.0.6868.4764
Excel Mobile - 16.0.6868.5033
PowerPoint Mobile - 16.0.6868.4260
You can always check which version you’re on in the About pane in any Office apps, like this.
How do I join the Insider program?
If you have --
- a Windows 10 device
- have an Office 0365 subscription
- and are part of the Windows Insider Program,
you can get updates to the latest features in updated versions of Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, and PowerPoint Mobile. These are available for download from the Windows Store.
How do I report a problem or give feedback?
You can report a problem or reach out for support anytime by:
- post your question or provide feedback in the Office Insider Community
- Follow and tweet at us: @OfficeInsider
- Click File>Feedback in any Office apps
Thank you for being a part of the Office Insider program. We appreciate your comments and feedback. So let us know how we are doing, we’d love to hear from you.
The Office Insider Team