Office 2013 crashes with Canon 8350 printer

Hi  I posted a question about this a bit over a week ago, but i think i accidentally marked the thread as closed when i went to reply to one of the emails. So, I'm posting again in the hopes of getting some help.

Here's the original thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-word/canon-8350-printer-crashes-with-office-2013/5df6aff8-4c17-4481-8f40-31545d0cc2b0

Here's the situation: My Canon 8350 printer prints just fine with all programs except Office 2013. When I print from excel, word, etc., then the program crashes immediately.

This indicates that I've tried all of the standard things that have been recommended: changing printer driver, uninstalling and installing the driver, printing to a PDF and printing from there, creating a new user account, etc...

I am using Win8 on a Lenovo 220x. System works just fine otherwise... Canon lists this printer as being Win8 compatible.

Help?
Thank you,
Scott

Answer
Answer

Jiri Adamek provided the answer in another thread and I thought I'd share it here for others to see! I followed the instructions and it solved the problem. SO, it seems that the driver was at fault, and I apologize to Doug for my intransigence. I'm happy to have the problem solved!

Try to download drivers for the printer MF9280 which has newer version of build (v20.85). This drivers must be installed manually from the Control Panel. Do not use Canon setup file.

Please follow these steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-lVcG52dU

After it's done, go back to printer Properties, Advanced tab and select right drivers for your printer.

With MF9280 drivers the printer will not work, but in my case old drivers for Canon have begun working. It seems that some component of old drivers was replaced with newer version during setup.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
If you can print to the Adobe PDF printer or another PDF Printer such as PrimoPDF, then that definitely points to the issue being with the Canon printer driver.
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
Screen shots by Snagit from www.techsmith.com

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 8, 2019 Views 8,739 Applies to: