Question

Problems with Outlook 2013 - Sharing Calendars

Cafrin asked on
Hi. I have just recently downloaded and subscribed to Office 365 and I am unable to share calendars in outlook. The 'Share Calendar' button and the 'Calendar Permissions" button are both greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please.
82 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Girish M replied on

Hi Cafrin,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thanks for posting the question.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with sharing calendar in Outlook as the options Share Calendar and Calendar Permissions are grayed out.

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

Mention the type of email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) or Exchange Server Account)?

Sharing Calendar is a feature available only for Exchange Server account types. If the email account is setup as POP3, IMAP or EAS, then you may publish the calendar online to a WebDAV Server.

If you are having issues with Calendar Sharing using Exchange Server account, then I would recommend you to post your query at the Exchange forum for better results:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclientslegacy/threads

If you still have questions, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

19 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Otherguru99 replied on

Hi Cafrin,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thanks for posting the question.

As per the description provided, it looks like you are having issues with sharing calendar in Outlook as the options Share Calendar and Calendar Permissions are grayed out.

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

Mention the type of email account configured in Outlook (POP3, IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) or Exchange Server Account)?

Sharing Calendar is a feature available only for Exchange Server account types. If the email account is setup as POP3, IMAP or EAS, then you may publish the calendar online to a WebDAV Server.

If you are having issues with Calendar Sharing using Exchange Server account, then I would recommend you to post your query at the Exchange forum for better results:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclientslegacy/threads

If you still have questions, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Hello,

I have a similar issue. I am trying to share my calendar in an IMAP account and I do not have an Exchange Server. I have found a WebDAV server to publish it. The publication worked fine, but when I try to view this calendar in Hotmail, I get an error message saying that the calendar is private. I cannot see how I can make my original calendar public in Outlook 2013 as the Calendar permissions is greyed out. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Philippe
6 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress