Outlook 2016 (Office 365) updated yesterday - now showing duplicate email messages

My Outlook 2016 (within Office 365) was automatically updated last night.  Today I'm finding that many of my email messages, including some that I have deleted (but not emptied the Deleted Items folder) are being duplicated in my inbox.  Is this a known problem and, if so, is it going to be fixed?

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2019 Views 244 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

We’re in the process of rolling out an Office update (version 16.0.6568.2036) that fixes the POP3 issues with email deletion and duplicate emails. Please see FIXED 3/4/16: Problems with POP accounts in Outlook 2016: Email is deleted from server or duplicated in Inbox for full details.

To get the update now, open Outlook and click File > Office Account > Update Options > Update Now.

Note  After the update, Outlook may download all email one final time. This isn't ideal, and it won’t happen in all cases, but it may be necessary to fully fix things. If this occurs and email is duplicated in your Inbox, you can use the method described in the "More Information" section in this article (KB 3145116) to remove the duplicates.

If you're still experiencing issues after the update, please let us know.

Thanks!

Amy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.