Business contact manager crashes outlook after windows 10 install

Downloaded windows 10 everything is fine (except onedrive) and Business contact manager.  I live in this and everytime I open it outlook crashes.  Killing me Microsoft!  I did spend 3 hours on the phone with "ms support" useless!  and he ended up "transferring" me which is code for disconnect.  Really need help with this....I have a ton of information that I need stored in BCM and cant get it. I did uninstall everything office 365 and BCM reinstalled and still same crashing issue.

Hope someone can help

|
Answer
Answer

One extra note on this issue...

After doing what I indicated above, BCM worked for a bit then crashed. I found that only enabling the "Business Contact Manager for Outlook" add-in stopped the crashing.

DO NOT enable the "Business Contact Manager Loader for Outlook" add-in.

This stops the crashing. If you find yourself in a position where it works, but the add-in gets unchecked when you close Outlook and reopen it, then a solution was posted in the thread below.

Solution posted by Guruprasad Ra on May 24th 2011. The only difference is that my registry entry ended with 5 instead of 4 due to the newer version of Outlook that I am running. I set the Loader registry entry to 3 and problem solved.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion_other-office_install/business-contact-manager-2010-add-in-doesnt-load/5607f8cc-d766-46f4-a947-ce6e89c60915?auth=1

Regards,

André

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2017 Views 315 Applies to: