OneNote 2013 Sync Error on Parallels

I use OneNote 2013 (Office 365 HP) on several computers, including on Parallels 9 running Windows 8 (x64). Half the time when I open OneNote I get a bar on top of each notebook saying "OneNote needs a password to sync this notebook. Click here to enter your password." When I click the bar, nothing happens. The sync dialogue returns errors for each notebook saying "We need the password to sync this notebook. (Error code: 0xE0000024)"

I've tried solutions posted at:

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT: When I try to open a notebook from SkyDrive, the File menu option says "Open from SkyDrive / [account/switch account] / We can't get to your notebooks right now. Please try again later." The try again button doesn't do anything. I can access my notebooks through Chrome on Windows 8 in Parallels, and via OneNote on other devices.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,634 Applies to:
Issues on Parallels are always difficult to sort out.
Also you look like you have followed all relevant steps, so not sure what to suggest.

Trying to be helpful.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually you have found the solution I think. Your fourth link at seirer.net solved the same exact problem for me. The kicker is that you need to delete the Live credential below it. I deleted the MicrosoftOffice credential mentioned and it didn't change anything, but deleting the credential that had Live in the name signed me out of Live temporarily and when I opened OneNote it signed me back in and all was well again. OneNote 2013 doesn't allow you to log out of a Live account, so this seems to be the only way to do it. I hope that simple tweak works for you as it did for me. Now my macbook pro has OneNote with Skydrive again!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same resolution for my paralells install. See my response on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-onenote/trying-to-open-notebook-in-desktop-onenote.
http://www.puzzlepart.com MVP Sharepoint 06

Sorry this didn't help.

My experience - if I either suspend a Windows VM or have a Snapshot created while OneNote is running that I will get this problem. The solution that I've found when this happen is to follow your fourth link - specifically - close out all your notebooks and re-open them. Prevention seems to be relatively straight-forward (at least in my experience) - don't suspend your VM or create shapshots while OneNote is running.

Sorry this didn't help.

Agreed, I have been able to prevent the issue by closing OneNote before closing Parallels or the laptop itself. Snapshots are set up automatically and don't cause me any trouble. Its just suspension that breaks it for me.

Sorry this didn't help.