sign in in office 365 home premium

I downloaded the free trial version of Office 365 Home premium thinking of purchasing the Office 365 University subscription if the product is satisfying.
Until now, I can safely say it has been the crappiest MS Office I have tried to this date.

I cannot Sign-In in any Office program (Word, Excel, Access...) with my @live account. Unistalled and reinstalled Office 365 several times. No luck.

I have Office 2007 on the same PC: it shouldn't create any conflict and uninstalling it is NOT an option.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Paolo,

As per the issue description you are unable to sign-in to any Office applications using your live account.

I would like to ask a few questions on the issue:

1. Do you get the sign-in prompt to activate Office or are you trying to sign-in in Office application to share the files with SkyDrive?

2. Do you receive any error message while trying to sign-in?

Note: Office 365 program co-exists with earlier version of Office hence you do not have to uninstall Office 2007 program to install Office 365 program.

Provide us more information on the issue to help us assist you further.

Thank you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I downloaded the free trial version of Office 365 Home premium thinking of purchasing the Office 365 University subscription if the product is satisfying.
Until now, I can safely say it has been the crappiest MS Office I have tried to this date.

I cannot Sign-In in any Office program (Word, Excel, Access...) with my @live account. Unistalled and reinstalled Office 365 several times. No luck.

I have Office 2007 on the same PC: it shouldn't create any conflict and uninstalling it is NOT an option.

You are so lucky that you didn't buy the program yet.  I opened an Outlook.com account and then spent $100 for the Office 365 Home Premium.  All I can get to are pages and pages trying to sell me something I should already have.  Done the install a couple times, and used the fixit program at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501 .  Watched the lame tutorials for applications that aren't half of what we had on our desktops 10 years ago.  Nothing happens online to guide me to the familiar Office applications.  Just more MS pages trying to sell me stuff.  My damages are only a hundred bucks, but the frustration is ten times that.  I wish I could inflict the same on Microsoft.  After 35 years in the MS world, I am ready for a better solution.

Sorry this didn't help.

how due I get to different programs in office

Sorry this didn't help.

????

What version of Windows?

What version of Office?

Sorry this didn't help.

Interesting, but frustrating. I am having the same problem. The live chat advice was not helpful, either.  The Office tile just disappeared from the desk top.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a month-to-month plan and have yet found a way to access the applications.

I have a very simple question:

Where do I go (what is the URL) to access my online versions of MS Word, Excel, etc.?

I can get to my account, where it verifies that I've installed and have access to MS 365 Home. Yet I can't get to the applications themselves?

Totally frustrating -- I just need to know how to access the applications themselves.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Where do I go (what is the URL) to access my online versions of MS Word, Excel, etc.?

I can get to my account, where it verifies that I've installed and have access to MS 365 Home. Yet I can't get to the applications themselves?

Totally frustrating -- I just need to know how to access the applications themselves.

The online, crippleware, versions of the Office applications are accessed by going to Skydrive/Onedrive and logging in.

Exactly which version of Windows do you have? How to find "missing" applications varies depending on which version of Windows you have.

Cannot Find Office applications, start Office applications in Win8 or Win8 RT  - Office Missing

I suspect your problem is simply understanding how the “new & improved” Win 8/8.1 “Start Scream” <sic> works . Win 8 introduced the start screen and “tiles. Win 8.1 “improved”/changed the way newly installed programs are handled again from how it was done in Win 8.0.  I have collected some techniques for you to try in this wiki article:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_8-desktop/cannot-find-office-or-other-applications-installed/dd008c2d-bd92-4c61-9bc3-1c4c3292de8d

Find and start Office applications in Windows 8 Pro or Windows RT

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/excel-help/find-and-start-office-applications-in-windows-8-or-windows-rt-HA103581103.aspx

In addition to the tips in the link. After installing Office on Windows 8, try scrolling “down” with a mouse on a desktop/laptop computer or swiping to the right on a touch screen. “Tiles” for new apps are added to the far right end of the “start screen”. The icons may simply be there, offscreen.

Add a tile to the Windows 8 Start Screen - 1 Min Video

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/video-tip-add-a-tile-to-the-windows-8-start-screen/7670 - video instructions

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/quick-tip-create-a-tile-on-the-windows-8-start-screen/6933 - graphical how to instructions

If a program does not have a tile in the “All Apps” screen

Tiles are a Metro version of desktop shortcuts. At their root, they are shortcuts in the Start Menu folder:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

If you want to create a simple Tile for a program that does not have one, simply start by creating a shortcut to the file in the folder above by right clicking and dragging into the programs folder and selecting the “Create shortcut” option.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same issue. I have a month-to-month plan and have yet found a way to access the applications.

I have a very simple question:

Thank you.

Here is an article clearly saying the login portals of Office 365 which may be helpful to you:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Where-to-sign-in-to-Office-365-e9eb7d51-5430-4929-91ab-6157c5a050b4

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is an article clearly saying the login portals of Office 365 which may be helpful to you:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Where-to-sign-in-to-Office-365-e9eb7d51-5430-4929-91ab-6157c5a050b4

Sorry this didn't help.

My name is Nicolau Spyrides

I have  office 365 premium package.

I use it for years

Now my old computer crashed and I am trying to install my office 365 to the new computer to continue my work.

I am not being able to do so.

I was requested to sign in to the Microsoft site, which I did and reset my password for that.

What is : my account name?  Isn't it the email address I have?

If there is another name for my 365 office account, I do not know it.  Can you help me find all info needed and to set my package .  I am dead on water without excel , word and access.  

Help

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 26, 2019 Views 32,401 Applies to: