Account Error - every time I start Microsoft Word

Everytime I start Microsoft Word (2013, part of Office 365), If I select the File / Account option I see the following

I select Fix me, and login in.   everything works just fine.

If I then close Word, and re-open I get exactly the same error, and have to log in again.

(If I don't login, I get errors telling me I need to when using my OneDrive).

I am using Windows 10.

I get the same issue with all Office applications.

Activation of Office seems to be just fine.

I am logged in to Windows with a linked account, and can access one drive from Explorer without any issue.

If I open a Word document from OneDrive via explorer, it opens just fine.  When I try to save I get an error pop up saying I need to login.

How can I get Word to remember my credentials?

Answer
Answer

Hi Colin,

I understand how you feel about the issues right now, and we sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Let's start an Office application as administrator following steps mentioned below, then sign into your Microsoft account, then close and re-open it and verify whether issue re-occurs.

a) Browse to the following location:
C:\Program Files or Programs Files (X86)\Microsoft Office\Office15 or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\Office15

b) Right click on Excel, WinWord or PowerPoint and select ‘Run as administrator’ and check if it works as expected.

You may also repair the Office applications following steps mentioned in the article below and verify the result.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we will be glad assist you further.

Thank you.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 7,413 Applies to: