UPDATE 1/26/16: This issue has been fixed in our latest update, 16.0.6366.2062, which we'll gradually roll out to customers over the next week or so. You can either wait for the update to install automatically or get it now by following these steps:
- Open any Office application and choose File > Account. (If you're using Outlook, choose File > Office Account.)
- Under Product Information, choose Update Options > Update Now.
Thanks for your patience!
You may notice that after a recent update, Word 2016 doesn't display your document formatting correctly. This only occurs when you edit a document. For example:
- Sections that should be indented, are not indented
- Tabs no longer display correctly
- Strange pieces of characters are left on the screen
- Selection range is incorrect, (Word doesn't select the text you choose)
- Bullet and Number Lists don't display correctly
The Word team is aware of this issue and actively working on a resolution. In the meantime, click the Show/Hide button to update the view and return the formatting to normal.
Choose the Home tab, then click the Show/Hide button in the Paragraph group.
Please note that the subsequent edits to the document will require you to follow the same process.
We will provide an update, as soon as the fix is available.