- On April 28, 2016, we released 16.0.6769.2040, which contains non-security updates for Excel 2016.
- On April 12, 2016, we released 16.0.6769.2017, which contains security updates for Excel 2016 and Skype for Business 2016.
On April 4, 2016, we released our March 2016 featured updates to Office 2016 subscribers. This update is rolling out now. If you'd like to get it immediately, open any Office 2016 app and click File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.
After the update, your version number will be 16.0.6769.2015.
A few of the highlights in this release:
- Power Query Enhancements: In Excel, Power Query lets you discover, combine, and refine data across a wide variety of sources, as well as search for public data from sources such as Wikipedia. In this release, we've enhanced the connectivity capabilities and also added new transformations.
- Find Photos in a Flash: In OneDrive, you can use the Search Photos command to scan photo tags and metadata and also extract and find text in photos. Starting in this month’s update, the Search Photos feature can also recognize objects in a photo.
- Easier Files and Folders Sharing: In OneDrive, we now offer you the two most popular options for sharing files up front: Get a link and Email.
For more information, see any of the following articles:
- What's new and improved in Office 2016 for Office 365
- March 2016 updates for Get & Transform in Excel 2016 and the Power Query add-in
- How do I get the newest updates?
- Office 365 release notes