Word 2013 will not let me save updates to a document I'm working on

I've been working on a document. It is saved to my Skydrive. I tried to save it. The save dialog appears, I click save, the dialog closes. Then the "ring" appears to show it's "thinking" and the dialog opens up again, as though I have not saved. I try renaming. Same cycle. Dialog reappears as though I have not saved it. I have also tried saving to a new location. Finally, I was going to copy and paste to a new document, but I get the error message: "There are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work."

I really need this document! Starting over is not an option. How can I save this thing?

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2019 Views 806 Applies to:
Update: The problem is resolved if I remove a chart I added using the Insert > Illustrations > Chart. So, it appears the real problem is with the smart tools. How can I fix this? I need the chart as well. I have considered creating the chart in a separate document then saving it as an image to paste into my document. Other, more expedient options (preferably, ones that will resolve the issue rather than work around it)??

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you using a desktop version of the file and uploading to skydrive or working with the web app?

Trying to be helpful.

Sorry this didn't help.

Using the desktop file and saving to Skydrive (not re-uploading and not using the web app).

Sorry this didn't help.