Word 2013 printing issues (cannot print to specified tray)

The organisation i work for have recently migrated to Windows 7 with Office 2013. I work in the IT department and I have a particular issue I am currently dealing with and would appreciate any assistance with this.  A customer has a number of Word documents that where created in Word 97 -2003 format and are password protected.  The customer has not had the password for these documents for a number of years but this has not mattered until now as they are just used as templates and printed on headed paper. Up until the upgrade customer has been able to select print and on the Xerox print driver select the print output to tray 2 which is used for header paper.  This previously worked without any issues but once customer was upgraded to Word 2013 now no matter what she selects on the print driver properties e.g. tray 2,3,4 it will always come out on tray 3.  I am not very familiar with Word but i presumed the page setup on the document was configured to print to tray 3.  I recently discovered three others in the office use these documents and they are also on word 2013, these colleagues can specify tray 2 in the xerox print driver properties and this will print to this tray which has confused me.  I thought their may be a print driver issues on customers machine so i uninstalled the xerox driver and installed the print driver version her colleagues are using for this network printer but this did not make a difference.  On further investigation user can print to tray 2 out-with word 2013 so the issue is just confined to Word 2013, further to this when i run word.exe on customers machine with my domain account i can use these documents and print to tray 2 without an issue.  I thought this maybe an issue with the users word profile so tried the following: deleted normal.dot, deleted data, options, common word 2013 registry keys on HKEY Current user and re-booted but this did not make any difference.  Also please note if user creates a new word 2013 doc and in page setup selects tray 2 this will print to tray 2 fine.  

Reg keys deleted:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Data

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Word\Options

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2019 Views 1,096 Applies to:

Hello,

Do you have access to a different printer?

If so, you may try connecting the printer locally and then try selecting a different tray to print and check the behavior.

You may also create a new Windows User Account (Administrator type) and check how it works there.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-7

Follow the steps and let us know if that helps.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

leruairidh

Where you able to find a solution for this problem? I also have this problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Try re-creating the user profile (in Windows)
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
Screen shots by Snagit from www.techsmith.com

Sorry this didn't help.