Word 2013 crashes on startup - Event ID 1000

I just installed Office 2013 and Word is crashing on startup

Faulting application name: winword.exe, version: 15.0.4454.1000, time stamp: 0x509a4ea6

Faulting module name: wwlib.dll, version: 15.0.4454.1004, time stamp: 0x50bdaab1

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000003bcad2

Faulting process id: 0x1014

Faulting application start time: 0x01cdffec6eb1acc9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\winword.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\wwlib.dll

Report Id: add65209-6bdf-11e2-be78-001d0920496d

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have tried a lot of the usual things, but without success

safe mode

removing templates

changing default printer to XPS

removing add-ins

uninstalling Office 2010

going through full repair

all steps in KB921541

Thanks in advance

Tom

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2019 Views 39,314 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello fellow sufferers,

for me, the problem has been solved!

I got help from Microsoft Support today and, of course, we tried a number of the "usual suspects", like repair, registry, etc., but they didn't help.

It turned out that the problem was related to my Microsoft account, and changing the account fixed the problem.

Here is a little bit more background to explain how I got to this position, but it doesn't really explain why the account causes the problem. If anyone wants to investigate that, I would be happy to help you, since the account that causes the problem still exists.

When I first started using Hotmail, I created an account, and it is tied to an email address at Hotmail.com. Of course, that account has been called a Passport, Live ID, and now a Microsoft account. Much later, when I got one of the early Windows Phone 7 devices, I needed to try out the marketplace, but that didn't work with my Hotmail Live ID, because it is tied to the US region and I live in Germany. So, I just got a new Live ID and this one is tied to Live.com and the German region. Of course, I used that one for Windows 8, Skydrive, Windows Store, Microsoft Store, etc.

For some reason that I don't understand, when I am logged on with my live.com account, Word crashes on startup, but when I'm logged on with my Hotmail.com account, it works fine.

I hope this helps at least some of you fix the problem on your PCs.

Tom

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.