Word 2013 and Greek keyboard

I have a document that I need to add Greek letters to. Like the Greek letter for alpha.  Does this font come preinstalled in Word 2013? If so, how do I switch to it.  If not can you tell me what I need to do to get the Greek alphabet in Word.  I am a basic Word user, nothing real fancy.
Answer
Answer

There are at least two ways to insert just a few Greek letters using only what you already have.

• In your regular font, type the English (Roman) letters that correspond to the desired Greek letters, and then change the font to Symbol. The Symbol font is standard in all Windows versions. Here are two lines that were typed identically, but the lower line has Symbol font applied to it:

• On the Insert tab, click Symbol and then click More Symbols. In the dialog, make sure the "from" box is set to "Unicode", which makes the Subset box visible; then set the Subset box to "Greek and Coptic". Click on the letter you want and then click the Insert button. This works for most fonts, although some don't have a "Greek and Coptic" subset.

After you use a letter this way, it will show up in the list of recently used characters in the Symbol button's dropdown.

If you have to type whole sentences or paragraphs of Greek text, then you would need to enable a Greek keyboard and switch between languages.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2023 Views 4,902 Applies to: