Question

Q: I can't paste a live url link into my word docs This thread is locked from future replies

In older versions of word I used to be able to copy a url from my browser and paste it into a word document, to give me a quick way of linking to a web-page.  Now in word 2013 when I copy the url, the 'paste options' menu only shows 'keep text only', so it just pastes as plain text. Then I have to go through the rigmarole of turning it into a hyperlink separately, which is a real pain.  I've looked in the Options/Advance menus, but I can't see anything that will let me paste live url links into my word docs. If someone could tell me how to do this I'd be much obliged. Thanks. 

Answer

A:

If you just press the space bar after you have pasted the URL, Word should convert it to a hyperlink. If it doesn't work, do the following: Click File tab | Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, make sure that "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" (under "Replace as you type") is selected.
Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP (MVP program information: https://mvp.microsoft.com/)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

9 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 5305 Last updated: January 12, 2018 Applies to: