Starting from word 2007, word 2010 and word 2013 contain a known critical (resulting in crash and lose of documents) bug.
When saving docx document, one may run into "A File Error has Occurred" error, or crash.
The bug itself is described&discussed (for example) here : 1,2. Here's a screenvideo
The most acceptable workaround (using ".rtf" instead of ".docx") still have many side effects.
I've got an ".rtf" file, which demonstrates the bug. Word crash is 100% reproducible, using this file. I wish to brought attention of microsoft's developers to this file, since, I hope, they are interested in fixing word's crashes.
Submit bug options I know:
- I’ve tried to ask about how to submit a bug report through
online technical support chat.
They’ve just pointed me to https://connect.microsoft.com/office , saying that this is the way bug reports should be sent (although it's impossible to submit Office-related bug report there).
- My company's IT department told me I should try "
(Still no answer).
- Evidently, ask someone on a community site (i.e. here) to submit a bug report.
- If someone is able to submit a bug report on this, won't you please confirm this bug and submit it?
- Are there any other options to submit a bug report?