Envelope printing problem using Word 2013 with new Canon Maxify MB2320 printer

I just upgraded from a Canon MX870 All-in-one to the new Canon Maxify MB2320 All-in-one.  For some reason, Word 2013 is printing the return address of a size 10 envelope a full inch to the right of the paper edge.  It is treating the leftmost inch of the envelope as a non-printable area.  If I try to adjust the margins by dragging the margin setting left, it just won't print anything in the first inch.  Canon says it is a Word issue.  I have the latest printer driver as I just installed it.  

Answer
Answer

It's not the position of the Envelope in the printer that you would change, but rather the position in which Word thinks the Envelope is located that you can change via the dialog to which I referred you.

If that does not overcome the problem, you might take a look at the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website where he has instructions for changing the Envelope layout and also links to other articles on creating a custom template to use for Envelopes.

http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

I must say that if the 1.14" unprintable area is on all sides of the paper, that seems to be excessive and I must remember never to buy that model printer.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
Screen shots by Snagit from www.techsmith.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1,232 Applies to: