Years ago I wrote an AddIn for Visio2003 with some stencils, a template and functions in a vsl file. I used the SDK publish tool to create a proper MSI file.
Right now my customer wants to update to Visio 2013 and I can’t figure out why my installer is not working anymore. Unfortunately I decided (10 years ago) to use Delphi 5 to create the vsl (DLL) file and MakeMSI for the installer. So I am not using much of the Microsoft tool chain.
Now my problem is, that VSL file is not showing up in AddOns after installation. The VSL itself is actually working because when I add the install folder to the ADD-Ons path I see all my functions and they are working.
I checked the PublishedComponent table and played around with LCID, VisioVersion and Edition in the Visio 2013 Solution Publishing Tool – but without success.
Also the Registry entries seem to be all right because the stencils and the template are correctly installed. The SDK VSLs show up in the same registry entry...
The MSI file is not working with Win7 nor with Win8 - I tried it on two computers.
Hope someone can give me a hint what I can try next.
Thank you in advance