"There's not enough memory or system resources to start PowerPoint"

Hi,

recently I've this message when I try to evaluate Aobe Presenter 9 plugin in PowerPoint: "There's not enough memory or system resources to start PowerPoint".

To start program I've to disable the add-in "Adobepresenter.comaddin" related to this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Presenter 9.0\MenuLauncher.dll

I've alredy done:

- repair and reinstall both software (Office, Adobe Presenter)

- run them as administrator

- sfc / scannow

There're not useful details in Event Viewer. I've Win7 x64 with all updated software (java, .net, ...). I've recently used subinacl tool for a problem (solved) correlated to a driver printer installation with this command:

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

For my experience I've never solved a problem with a reinstallation of Office, there always a little detail (registry\folder authorization, environment variable, ...) that makes the difference.

Ps: seem that Powerpoint 2013 doesn't like elearning suites, always some error! With Articulate it crash if Kaspersky 2013 is installed, now troubles with Adobe Presenter too... With 2010 always fine. Waiting SP2...?

Hello,

As the PowerPoint program works properly when the Adobe add-in is disabled then this seems to be a compatible issue of add-in with PowerPoint 2013.

Even any update/patch/Service pack released for Office/PowerPoint 2013 by Microsoft would not include the resolution for the add-in issue.

You need to get in touch with the add-in manufacturer and check if it is compatible with the PowerPoint application and also if there are any updates for this in their end.

Thank you.  

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kasperski 2013 crashes nearly all ppa addins in PowerPoint 2013.

Do they care?

Not much it seems.

www.pptalchemy.co.uk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

As the PowerPoint program works properly when the Adobe add-in is disabled then this seems to be a compatible issue of add-in with PowerPoint 2013.

Even any update/patch/Service pack released for Office/PowerPoint 2013 by Microsoft would not include the resolution for the add-in issue.

You need to get in touch with the add-in manufacturer and check if it is compatible with the PowerPoint application and also if there are any updates for this in their end.

Thank you.  

Hi,

Adobe Presenter is fully compatible with Powerpoit 2013 (it worked after installation); this is a problem related to my system configuration. When I try to solve the printer driver issue I've used subinacl tool and other Microsoft fixit maybe something was changed. But without a Event Viewer detailed error and this generic message "There's not enough memory or system resources to start PowerPoint" I don't know where I can get my hand.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kasperski 2013 crashes nearly all ppa addins in PowerPoint 2013.

Do they care?

Not much it seems.

Yes, Powerpoint 2013 crash with all .ppa plugin if Kaspersky 2013 is installed. The trouble still remains after uninstall the product, as you well know from this post too: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-powerpoint/add-ins-crashing-powerpoint-2013-pt2/43f48e45-120d-46f1-8d6b-cb57797fbb33?page=2

Kaspersky's Team will never fix it, its more than one year they know about this serious error and the SP of Microsoft Office hasn't solved it. Now, seem that it's a issue of Kaspersky Pure 3 too... I created the post you linked!

This is my Murphy's law related to Powerpoint 2013 and eLearning tools... The next trial is iSpring....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 12, 2022 Views 4,768 Applies to: