PPT 2013 slide show view cuts off part of slides

When I switch a PPT 2013 presentation to full screen slide show view, half of the title and about the upper right quarter of the side disappear and it's just a blank white slide there. It doesn’t matter if the slide was created in 2013 or originally in 2010, this still happens. I tried a repair, it didn't work. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79mmnxk56135n34/AADsJ_MxCuXkrnvi7ZDhdecza?dl=0 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79mmnxk56135n34/AADsJ_MxCuXkrnvi7ZDhdecza?dl=0

This link will expire in 12 hours

(edited to make link live)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I wonder if this is a GoToMeeting thing?

I'm running the presentation on PPT 2013 (Windows 7) on my backup system, and it's fine. I also tried it on my main laptop in PPT 2010 (Windows 7) and it's fine there, too.

So I ran it on PPT 2013 and turned on GoToMeeting. When I advance on PPT 2013 (where the presentation looks fine) and my laptop sees the presentation via GoToMeeting, sometimes I can see the left half of the slide appear and then the right. It's like it's getting stuck on the computer viewing via Go To Meeting. 

Here's a JING capture to better explain: http://screencast.com/t/vkXrgi4Ju

So I wonder if on your machine, just the top of the slide is getting stuck when it's redrawing in GoToMeeting. 

Does it happen when you're not using GoToMeeting? Does rebooting fix it? How about updating video drivers?

Echo
--
If a post answers your question or solves your issue, please mark it as answered.

Sorry this didn't help.

We have tried different laptops and different presentations, but have found no commonality.  The one I sent to you worked fine until it it was put in slideshow view.  I tested it this morning with out Go To Meeting running, but it cut off the slide section.  Three other presentations ran fine on the same computer, same version of PowerPoint was used to create each and Go to meeting running ( Actually, GotoWebinar - but they are about the same).

Sorry this didn't help.

First, THANK YOU for following up on this.  

Like Echo, I can't repro the problem, though.

But thinking aloud here, there was a bug in PPT 2013 that caused images made from slides to come out at the right size but only the upper left quadrant or so of the image would be the original slide; the rest would be black.

This'd happen whenever the image out of PPT was over 960 pixels wide or so.  I'm wondering if this is somehow related.

What's the resolution of your video display and what DPI is Windows set to?

What size are your slides (in inches)?

What happens if you set PPT to run the slide show at a lower resolution ( Slide Show | Set Up Slide Show | change Resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768 as a test )

Have you let PPT update itself?  One or another of the various service packs/updates made this particular problem go away (the cut-off images on export, but I'm thinking that it might be involved here as well)

PowerPoint Help:
https://www.pptfaq.com/
PPTools:
https://www.pptools.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, Beth, 

Again, thanks so much for uploading your sample file and screenshot. It's SO helpful to have sample files for these crazy things. I asked the guys at MSFT about this earlier this week when I was there for the MVP Summit, and here's what they suggested that you try:

1. Update your video driver. (I should have thought to suggest this.)

2. Disable hardware acceleration in Slide Show. To do so, open PPT and go to File | Options | Advanced. In the Display section, tick the box for Disable Slide Show hardware graphics acceleration and OK your way out. (I should have thought of this, too!)

3. Update to the latest Office build. 

For Click-to-Run, go to File | Account | Update Options and choose Update Now.

If that option isn't available, you have an MSI installation and you can install updates by pressing the Windows Key on your keyboard then choosing Control Panel. View by Small Icons, choose Windows Update and check online for updates from Microsoft Update.

4. If none of these fix the problem, run the OffCAT tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2939112, run a scan on PowerPoint, and then upload the results file for me to pass along. You'll find the results file at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\OffCAT\OffCAT_Results.timestamp.data.xml 

Thank you!

Echo
--
If a post answers your question or solves your issue, please mark it as answered.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Beth and Steve and Echo - 

Sorry to ask and disappear. :)  I actually solved the problem for my specific needs.

In my particular case, I was experiencing this problem with presentations created in Powerpoint 97-2003 format that I was opening in Powerpoint 2013.

As per my original post, I couldn't duplicate the issue with a presentation created in Powerpoint 2013.

I was able to solve the problem by simply changing the Design of the 97-2003 presentation from whatever legacy design it had to one of the templates included with Powerpoint 2013 and then saving it as a 2013 file.

Now, obviously that doesn't work if you don't WANT to change the design of the presentation, but it worked for me without any setting changes.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fascinating! Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, James. (How odd!)

Echo
--

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!  Everything gets too busy here at the end of the year! I have been resetting my reminder to check this thread for a month.  Meetings wind down and everything else gets busy.  I have one running today and will test disabling the graphics acceleration idea.  That seems like a possible path to resolution - updates are current, so I think we are good there.  Running Office 2013.  I will let you know how it goes - Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Heh, I do that reset thing, too. :-)

We'll look forward to hearing your results!

Echo
--

Sorry this didn't help.

suggest: double click in shape that have problem in slid show and remove all shape effect.

for sample I had same problem
i resolve this problem by remove Preset effect
1- double click on part of your slide that have problem
2- Format
3- shape effect
4- preset
5- no preset
after this five step my same problem resolved.
i think this problem for some Shape effect or same edits tools in powerpoint.
i hope can help you and other that have same problem.

H.A

Iran

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2020 Views 33,235 Applies to: