Sync Outlook 2013 Calendar with google Calendar

It seems like this should be pretty simple if someone can just tell me how.  I'm trying to sync my iphone 4s with my outlook 2013 calendar automatically.  I've used the google calendar sync for the past several years, but see that it won't work with outlook 2013 so I need a new solution.  the calendar is already in outlook (because i copied the .pst file from outlook 2010).  My phone and google calendar are still set to sync with each other.  I am willing to try outlook.com, but how do I get the calendar from the outlook .pst file into outlook.com?  Then how do I sync outlook.com with my phone and outlook 2013 automatically? 

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2019 Views 35,478 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Is there a reason you aren't using iCloud? It's the best way to sync with outlook.  The Outlook.com method is described here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olc-hotmail/sync-calendar-contacts-using-outlook-com/
Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP]
Outlook Resources: https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

** I don't work for Microsoft, I just volunteer here.**

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Diane.  I had never used Icloud before... just didn't need it so didn't set it up.  I've tried that now and it seems to be working, although i now have two sets of calendars, contacts, and email.  The ICloud account has deleted all of "my calendar" and "my contacts" but the folder is still there.  And now I have two emails, my "outlook data file" (which is my POP gmail) and an icloud email account which is blank because i don't wish to sync the mail.  Is there anyway to clean that up so that I only have one of each account?  I'm ok with deleting the outlook data file (.pst) that transfered all of my info to this pc now that it's all on the cloud, but i don't want to change the email settings. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there something along these lines for Android phones? I just upgraded to Outlook 2013 and also found that it no longer syncs to Google Calendar... which was a usable workaround in previous versions of Outlook.

TH\hanks,

Heidi

Sorry this didn't help.

You were using the google sync utility before? Sync utilities are listed here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/synchronizing-outlook-google-accounts/#tools

If you don't need to be loyal to google, outlook.com syncs works well as a go-between for outlook and droid.

Diane Poremsky [Outlook MVP]
Outlook Resources: https://www.slipstick.com
https://www.outlook-tips.net

** I don't work for Microsoft, I just volunteer here.**

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the good feedback Diane.  I am having the same issues syncing google calendar w/ Outlook 13.  I tried outlook.com using my gmail account and that did not sync the two although my LiveID is the same as my gmail email address.  Ultimately I am trying to sync 2 PCs, one w/ Outlook 2010, one w/ Outlook 2013, my Android phone and iPad all to the same google calendar.  I haven't found a way to accomplsih yet.  I do have an iCloud account but it's different then my gmail account so I don't see how it would sync across all 4 devices...

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the good feedback Diane.  I am having the same issues syncing google calendar w/ Outlook 13.  I tried outlook.com using my gmail account and that did not sync the two although my LiveID is the same as my gmail email address.  Ultimately I am trying to sync 2 PCs, one w/ Outlook 2010, one w/ Outlook 2013, my Android phone and iPad all to the same google calendar.  I haven't found a way to accomplsih yet.  I do have an iCloud account but it's different then my gmail account so I don't see how it would sync across all 4 devices...

I have the same problem except that I'm using a windows phone 8 instead of and android phone. I could add a Nexus 7 to the list though. Very frustrating right now as my phones calendar is useless since everything is in the google calendar and I have to go to that through ie.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Diane, I just clicked on your link to sync calendar contacts using outlook com and it errored out.  we are having the same problem syncing my father's iphone with outlook 2013.  HELP!  :) we are still looking.

My father, Carl Smith prefers to not use the icloud portion of iTunes.  can we sync without using icloud?

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Good news! I had pretty much the same scenario and just installed Google Calendar Sync on my Windows 8 Pro PC with Office 2013. I added different test appointments to both Outlook and Google calendars, synced, and they both worked! 

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a reason you aren't using iCloud? It's the best way to sync with outlook.  The Outlook.com method is described here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olc-hotmail/sync-calendar-contacts-using-outlook-com/

Diane,

The gentleman to whom you provided the advice above later mentioned that he now has two Contacts folders and two Calendar folders: an icloudContacts and an icloudCalendar in addition to the standard Contacts and Calendar folders.

I have had some experience with these and have found that the icloud Calendar folder does not allow the Reminders pop up screen to work.  For some reason, it seems that in order for the Reminders screen to work, one needs to utilize the standard Calendar folder in Outlook.

I also wonder if the icloud Contacts will allow the auto-complete function to work when composing an email in Outlook.  When one is creating an email with numerous addresses, it sure is convenient to have the auto-complete function work to save you time in looking up each and every email address in each separate contact in the Contacts folder.

Please advise if these "problems" can be avoided when using icloud to sync a iPhone 5 with Microsoft Outlook 2013 (and Windows 8), and if so, how.

Thank you.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to get my contacts into Outlook.com from Outlook 2013. I followed the same procedure for dragging and droppig my appointments into Outlook.com calandar; however, when I go to Outlook.com, my appointments are not showing. Also, do I need to default outlook.com as my default data file? I don't mind copying new appointments into Outlook.com calendar, as I do not want my emails to generate from Outlook.com. (Or do I need to do so to get my contacts and appointments to sync?) Thanks for any help. New to Outlook.com. Sandy

·

Sorry this didn't help.