Sync Folder issues

I installed Office 2013 yesterday. While I really like the improved IMAP support in Outlook, I hate the Synch Issues folder bloating itself up. The messages appear to not be issues at all, but rather just a message telling me what it did.

For example:

16:16:49 Synchronizer Version 15.0.rup

16:16:49 Synchronizing Mailbox*** Email address is removed for privacy ***'

16:16:49 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Draft'

16:16:49 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Inbox'

16:17:22 1 item(s) updated in offline folder

16:17:22 Done

Please tell me there's a way to turn these annyoying messages off. There is - right? I've empited the folder several times today. In 4 hours I have 220 messages in the folder. That's crazy - especially because none of them are issues.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2018 Views 1,933 Applies to:

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question. I understand how it would be to prevent data from being logged in the Sync Issues folder.

The Sync Issues folder and cannot be deleted or disabled as they are system generated folders in IMAP account setup in Outlook 2013.

This is a design behavior because while syncing certain events logged would indicate failures and troubleshoot accordingly.

However, you may provide a feedback for a feature request missing or any concerns with the Microsoft Office 2013 product by clicking on the following feedback link so that we can create better services and products:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en-us;2487&altStyle=MFE&renderOption=OverrideDefault&showpage=1&fr=1&nofrbrand=1

Note: The Feedback link is applicable for Office 2010 and also for Office 2013.

Thank You

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.  Why is it that I never saw this issue with Outlook 2010?  It's very verbose; is there a way to log less information/records?  As I mentioned, my logs don't indicate any kind of errors - they are simply logs showing what has happened.  I get hundreds of them during the day and I never got 1 with Outlook 2010.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.