Outlook: Create new contact from incoming email signature

Is there an add-in or tool for Outlook that can create a new contact from an incoming email that will automatically populate all of the sender's signature information? i.e. business name, telephone number, etc.

That would be a pretty cool app, although could be difficult to program because email signatures are all a little different, and you don't want a false sense of comfort if the app is not capturing the contact information correctly.

Have you connected a linkedin.com account to Outlook 2013?  If the sender has this info populated at linkedin.com, the contact card will prefill this information.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That would be a pretty cool app, although could be difficult to program because email signatures are all a little different, and you don't want a false sense of comfort if the app is not capturing the contact information correctly.

Have you connected a linkedin.com account to Outlook 2013?  If the sender has this info populated at linkedin.com, the contact card will prefill this information.

Thanks! I've searched and I know that in the past there have been some third-party tools that accomplish this but just wanted to see if the Community had anything that worked particularly well or they preferred. As you mentioned, with the vast variety of email signatures a clean aggregation of the information into a contact card would be inherently difficult.

Great call-out with the LinkedIn integration. Any other suggestions from anyone?! :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there an add-in or tool for Outlook that can create a new contact from an incoming email that will automatically populate all of the sender's signature information? i.e. business name, telephone number, etc.

I have been using Write That Name in Gmail and it works great. They also have an add-in for Outlook2013 that I am installing today as a trial. Maybe this is the solution we all seek. https://www.writethat.name/outlook-download/

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for mentioning our service, KennPenn.  We've rebranded and here is the new link to our outlook address book plugin: 

http://www.evercontact.com/contact-management-outlook-addin.html

Cheers,
Brad 
Evercontact Community Manager

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If i use this Software I get from my Antivirus / Internet Security Software a Warning...

I think i will not install the Software!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've used a product called Copy2Contact that works very well for this, and can also create events from copied text (which doesn't work quite as well but is still useful).  The version I have works with Outlook 2010 and was a one time purchase.  The newer version works with Outlook 2013 and 2016, but the business model has changed to an annual subscription model ($40 a year I think, but might be wrong).  I like this software so much that it has kept me on Outlook 2010, since work wouldn't pay for an annual subscription.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2024 Views 22,834 Applies to: