Outlook 2013. Sync Issues folder OVERFILLING

Outlook 2013 had one folder "Sync Issues (This Computer Only)"  Today another folder, "Sync Issues1 (this computer only)" created itself and filled up with 10,000+ messages in a couple of hours.  I keep emptying it and it keeps filling up.  How do I get rid of this folder?  it is refilling with sync log messages - the ones I've looked at all say everything is fine.  Can I disable logging?  In the past five minutes I have five new messages.  It's driving me nuts.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2019 Views 6,548 Applies to:

Hey there,

You could probably remove and re-add the email account or set it up on a new profile and check.

Truth is still truth, even if you don't believe in it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had the same issues, ever since Outlook 2013 messed up my GoDaddy hosted IMAP email by creating 3 "ghost folders" that don't show up on line except in the Adv Search and Move To dropdowns. I can't delete or move them in Outlook and have become a whiz in creating new profiles.

In 2 days I have over 18,000 of these sync issue messages. Some of them list every folder and show the 3 ghost ones. Most are just that a sync occurred.

There ought to be a way to turn this off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there,

You could probably remove and re-add the email account or set it up on a new profile and check.

Hi,

I tried the remove / new profile, and it didn't make any difference. No errors, just 10 or so sync log messages every minute, all successful.

Seems this is a fairly common issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Is there a way to resolve this? it's creating an issue - outlook keeps crashing. I have 2 Go daddy IMAP accounts and each has a sync folder. When I open outlook when using my mobile hotspot, it sucks down about 20MB per minute! ouch!

thanks,

Sally

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally created VBA macros to delete the messages, which I then linked to a Quick Access tool and press from time to time. The last big delete was 98,000+ messages. Just now it was 7,700+ for a few days.

The code follows. You have to modify the PROFILE_NAME_GOES_HERE manually. There's probably a way to get that automatically, but I use it in 2 profiles so the manual is good enough for me.

This certainly is a pain, and shouldn't be necessary, but at least it keeps me going. BTW, one of my profiles is GoDaddy, and the other is Gmail, so this bug is related to multiple providers, meaning more likely it's an Outlook issue and not the providers.

Sub DeleteSyncMessages()

Dim lCount As Long

Dim lCtr As Long

Dim lDelete As Long

Dim oFolder As Folder

Dim oItems As Items

Set oFolder = Outlook.Session.Folders("PROFILE_NAME_GOES_HERE").Folders("Sync Issues (This computer only)")

Set oItems = oFolder.Items
lCount = oItems.Count

On Error Resume Next
lDelete = InputBox("Enter number to delete:", , lCount)
On Error GoTo 0
If lDelete = 0 Then
    Exit Sub
End If

For lCtr = lDelete To 1 Step -1
    oItems(lCtr).Delete
Next
End Sub

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks. I don't think this is a good for me - i'd have to run on my notebook and windows tablet as well as desktop.

this sync issue is certainly a sink hole.

I do not have this issue with the same accounts on either my windows phone or my nook.

Do any of the Microsoft folks out here know if the IMAP problem is on a short list, yet, for resolution?

~Sally

Sorry this didn't help.