Outlook 2013, IMAP and Special Folders

The automatic mapping of special folders does not work. I have been trying to get this to work for the past 4 hours, reading everything posted about it, and not one of the suggestions works. I am simply trying to to get this to work with @me.com IMAP accounts. Previous versions of Outlook allowed you to manually select an existing IMAP folder to map to a special folder, but Outlook 2013 does not. Apparently it was removed to support XLIST, and failing that it is supposed to be smart enough to automatically map folders. However, even after changing the names of the folders to exactly what Outlook 2013 names its folders, Outlook 2013 still fails to map the special folders and instead creates a local folder of the same name suffixed with " (This computer only)". You screwed up Visual Studio 2012, you totally F'd up Windows 8 making it completely unusable, and now it appears you've F'd up Outlook 2013 and pretty much all of Office 2013. I have 2 questions: When is this going to fixed? Why did you make all these F'n changes when absolutely no one asked for them? Were is the business reasoning behind this F'n ****?
|

Hmm… a lot of F’s there. But I totally liked your second question-“Why is **** did you make all these F'n changes when absolutely no one asked for them?”.  I think many of us have that question.

And yup, you’re right. XLIST doesn’t allow you to manually map folders and neither does it automatically. As to when it will be fixed, or if they’ll ever fix it, only MS can tell. The only thing we can do is to provide them a feedback.

Office 2010/2007/Legacy

"When you lose, do not lose the lesson."

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I moved to Outlook.com and that fixed my issues.  I know it sounds cliché and doesn't fix your issue specifically, but using an iCloud account with Outlook has always been dubious at best and rift with a number of issues so I simply avoided using their PIM services - period - when I owned an iDevice.

I doubt it will be fixed soon.

If you need a working solution, you can always use Windows Live Mail.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 13, 2019 Views 1,744 Applies to: