Not Implemented error on Outlook 2013. This is new and i am experienced

I encountered the same issue shortly after the last MS updates.  The message I get when attempting to send is "not implemented".  I did a repair with and without the Office Pro 64 disk.  The other strange message is "Your mail box is currently being optimized as part of upgrading to Outlook 2013.  This one-time process may take more than 15 minutes and performance may be affected while the optimization is in progress"  It has now been several days! 

I am using in outlook, both my office 365 business email as well as a POP account and have been for years.

I cannot access "add an account" or account access as nothing happens.  The strange thing is it is infact syncing up with my other computers and windows 8 phone as I deleted some emails and that in fact synced to my other computers.

I am running Windows 8 Pro and office 2013 both of which were working fine until the Outlook thing reared it's ugly head.

I can still use my Office 365 online so I'm not dead in the water but none of the changes I've made on any of my 4 computers or phone are reflected on this system's Outlook which I thought strange as it did work the other way around.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2019 Views 53,442 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi John,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community. I understand how hard it is when the program does not work as expected.

It seems like the issue is with the Outlook profile being corrupted.

In order to troubleshoot the issue related to Outlook, try the step below:

Create a new profile for Outlook and then configure the email account.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

If the issue fixes in the new profile, you may set the new profile as default and continue working with it:

·         Go to control panel

·         Mail icon, Show profile.

·         Highlight the new profile and click on always use this profile

·         Click ok.

I hope the above steps helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Deepa,

There is one small hitch in this solution.  That is in Widows 8 Control panel using "small icons" there is not selection for mail.  I had checked the forum before I wrote.  Any further suggestions?

Thank you.---JOhn

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi John,

Thank you for replying.

Try repairing the Office suite and go back to the control panel and check if you can see the Mail icon.

Refer the link below to know on how to repair Office 2013:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint-help/repair-office-programs-HA010357402.aspx

Even after repairing the program if you are unable to see the Mail icon, then you may try using the shortcut below to create a profile and check if it helps:

·         Hold Windows key + R.

·         Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:

Outlook /profiles

Note: There is space between Outlook and /

If you are able to create a new profile, then follow the steps from the previous post and check the result.

Thank you.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I did all that and it's still not working. I have the same issue John does.

Marie

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the 'Not Implemented' problem and have that my Outlook is trying to update to Outlook Hotmail Connector.  I can't send or receive emails - HELP

Sorry this didn't help.

I am facing this same silly issue. Was working perfectly this morning and after switching it on this evening outlook just wont sync and the silly "NOT IMPLEMENTED" message pops up.

The help desk does not even have a solution, as is apparent from the solutions posted above.

WINDOWS 8 is an absolute DISASTER. I am not sure if this comment will be posted or taken off by Microsoft as any criticism is barred.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am facing this same silly issue. Was working perfectly this morning and after switching it on this evening outlook just wont sync and the silly "NOT IMPLEMENTED" message pops up.

The help desk does not even have a solution, as is apparent from the solutions posted above.

WINDOWS 8 is an absolute DISASTER. I am not sure if this comment will be posted or taken off by Microsoft as any criticism is barred.

Same problem here. I was out of the office yesterday and came in to the 'Not Implemented' error this morning. Tried the above fixes and nothing works so now sending emails using phone... v. poor.

Sorry this didn't help.

More the same.

One of three computers in the house has the problem. It is also one of two using Windows 7 and Office 365. I did the Office Repair and the New Profile. Neither worked. What should I try next?

Sorry this didn't help.

My problem came after updates.  I went into the Control Panel and went to 'Uninstall a Program' - from there I selected 'View Installed Updates' and deleted the recent Microsoft Outlook update - it fixed the problem immediately.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

My problem started on March 14 which was when some updates came. Having already ran the repair on Office, and making a new profile, I looked for the updates like you suggested. the only updates for that date that I saw were for silverlight and Windows. Tried to remove the silverlight update. It didn't have an effect. I noticed that when I start to remove an update, it goes to the remove the program screen. Not a problem since I don't use silverlight anyway. But I'm reluctant to remove the Windows update because it looks like I'll remove Windows. Then I'll really be in trouble.

Sorry this didn't help.