Memory leak issue with Outlook 2013 - Program not usable

Hello,

I have a serious memory leak issue with Outlook 2013.  At first, I thought this was due to IMAP not working properly in Outlook so I changed to POP and am having the same issues.

The issue appears to be that once I load something into memory (open an email, scroll down my email list, etc.) it never unloads.  The result is that as I use Outlook it quickly uses more and more memory until it is unable to load displays on new items and eventually crashes.

I already have followed previous instructions of starting in safe mode and disabling all add-ins.  This does not seem to help...though the incident does not appear to occur in safe mode.  The program appears to be working 100% properly in safe mode, but I do not want to use safe mode all the time.

Any suggestions?  I have reinstalled more than once to try to correct this issue, but so far no luck.
Answer
Answer

I seem to have isolated and solved the issue.  It is a serious bug for the common user that needs addressed.  I suspect it is a result of my hardware.

If I disable "hardware graphics acceleration" then the memory usage works great and it immediately drops down to where it should be.  If I enable that option then the memory usage seems to perpetually climb the more I use the GUI until it crashes.

I run an HP Pavilion dv6t Notebook with a 2GB GDDR5 Radeon(TM) HD 6770M Graphics card installed.

Would love if this issue can be sent to the appropriate department so that the error can be fixed.  I am available if more detailed information is needed to help resolve.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2021 Views 955 Applies to: