Lost Contacts

Installed Office 2013 yesterday and had my Email Contacts visible, opened Outlook up today and they have gone, any ideas where they might be?

Question Info

Last updated December 10, 2017 Views 342 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Duncan,  

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Office Community and We will be glad to assist you with your concern.         
I understand that after moving the e-mails to another folder, you are unable to view the folders in neither in the moved folder nor in the original folder.

What is the type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, MAPI or Exchange) setup in Outlook?

Enable the Folder List (Ctrl + 6) in the navigation pane in Outlook and check if you can find the folder.

It looks like the default Outlook data file (*.pst) file for the e-mail account is missing from the default location where it is supposed to be present.

Browse to the location if you have moved the Outlook
 data file earlier from the following location and select the data file to set as default.
C:\USERS\<THE PC>\DOCUMENTS\OUTLOOK FILES

If you do not know the location of the Outlook Data file, then search for the PST file on the computer.
Click the Start button, and then type *.pst in the search box.

Once you find the data file in the search results then, right click on the Outlook data file ->Open File Location.

You may copy the Outlook.PST to the following location: C:\USERS\<THE PC>\DOCUMENTS\OUTLOOK FILES.

You may also refer the following article on more information on how to manager Outlook data Files:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

I hope this helps you in finding the Outlook data file. If, not reply with the result and I will be happy to help you.

Thank You

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.