Content not displayed in specific emails - Outlook 2013

I recently subscribed to the NASA email alerts for when the International Space Station is visible from my home.

I am receiving these emails in Outlook 2013, but the message body displays as totally blank:

When I change to receiving them in outlook.com, I can read the message body:

My question is, what is going wrong in Outlook 2013, which is where I receive all my emails, and how do I fix it?

I am not aware of this problem occurring with any other senders, whether they are plaintext or html. The source for this mail includes the following info on its encoding:

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

If I "view source" in Outlook, it also is blank.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

Please provide additional information to help you better.

How is the email account configured in Outlook? Is it POP3, IMAP or Exchange Active Sync?

Let's create a new profile following instructions mentioned in the article below, configure the email account and verify the result.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/create-an-outlook-profile-HA102749460.aspx

Hope it helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply. I can now add some more information that I hope is relevant.

The email arrives correctly, with body text, into my webmail inbox, which is with BT/Yahoo.

I have Outlook 2013 configured for POP3, and to delete emails from the server once downloaded.

When downloading the email from BT/Yahoo, the header arrives but the body text is not downloaded.

I tested the same mail service with a different email provider, O2, and with them the email arrives correctly into my Outlook inbox.

Any ideas about where the problem might lie?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Let’s start Outlook application in safe mode as mentioned in the following article and check if you receive these emails as expected.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have done that, and the message downloaded but still without the body text.

I checked again that the text is there on the webmail service:

But here it is in Outlook 2013 with no content to the message body:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now that Verizon went to encryption for emails I can connect to my emails with the settings that they have provided with Outlook 2013. I can only check my emails with VZ webmail. I believe I am missing a setting for Outlook 2013. Please Help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Did you create a new profile as mentioned in my previous reply?

If not, I suggest you to try the same and verify the result.

Refer to the following article ‘How to create and configure an email profile in Outlook’ and verify the result.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/create-an-outlook-profile-HA102749460.aspx

Hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now that Verizon went to encryption for emails I can connect to my emails with the settings that they have provided with Outlook 2013. I can only check my emails with VZ webmail. I believe I am missing a setting for Outlook 2013. Please Help

Hi,

Please provide additional information to help you better.

1. What do you mean by ‘I can connect to my emails with the settings’ ? Are you able to send/receive emails?

2. Are you facing the same issue as ‘Moods18’?

I look forward to your reply to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I created a new profile with just that email address included, but the reult was the same. I will try it with IMAP as an experiment.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

A bit more info. All this is while running Outlook with the command "Outlook /safe".

My new profile with a POP3 setting downloads the message but will not show the body of the message - so no change from the original problem.

A second new profile set with the account as IMAP displays the message correctly.

However, I do not want to use IMAP, mainly because the security for BTOpenworld/Yahoo seems poor, and accounts often get hacked, and contacts stolen and spammed. Hence I prefer that my email client contains all my information, and the server contains none.

So I'm really trying to find what the problem is on the download of the message with POP3.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No I can not send or receive emails on this account after May 28th . This account was working in Outlook 2013 till Verizon switched servers and encrypted the emails for this account. I am able to get the emails on my smartphone and with Verizon Webmail, But I think it still should work in Outlook 2013 with the correct settings but it is not.  I have gone to the control panel and tried to set this account back up, and here are my results

Log onto incoming mail server POP3 Outlook cannot connect to your incoming POP3 email server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or your ISP.

Send test email message Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing SMTP email server.  If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or your ISP.

I have changed the settings to this and I keep getting these errors

POP3 or
Incoming Mail
Server
incoming.verizon.net pop.verizon.net YES 995

SMTP or
Outgoing Mail
Server
outgoing.verizon.net smtp.verizon.net YES

I hope this helps Thanks you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 12, 2021 Views 834 Applies to: