Unable to share notebook from SkyDrive Pro from OneNote 2013

Hello All!

Currently we have a OneNote 2013 notebook on SkyDrive and sharing some co-workers successfully.

We wanted to move the notebook to SkyDrive Pro which is linked to SharePoint.

This would use the company SharePoint site rather than a single user's SkyDrive account.

When I go to share the new notebook I get this error:  The server couldn't complete this action. Error Code: 0x88ffc008

I have a feeling it might be sharepoint login related? But I am just unsure of how to resolve this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 1,213 Applies to:

Hello Matt,

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

Did you try to see if the same problem occurs on multiple systems with multiple users?

If the problem occurs only with this particular system, then let us try to restart the computer in Windows 8 Clean Boot and check how it works there.

Refer the link below to know on how to start the computer in clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure to restart the computer to normal mode (Step 3 in the above link) once Office is successfully installed.

I hope this helps. If you need any further information, you can always reply and I’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Guys,

I still have this same problem.  When I press the share button I get the same error can someone please tell us what this error means??  Where is it coming from or where could the error be getting generated from?  Is it something to do with SkyDrive or is it OneNote or in general where is it trying to connect to?

I have found a bit more in our environment and that is when I try to share a local "Personal SkyDrive" connected One Note page it works but if I try to Share a one note page that is connected to the company SharePoint site then it fails.  I am running personal skydrive and skydrive pro if this matters?  The SharePoint site is added to my OneNote by using the EDIT in OneNote once the page is opened in a browser. 

Sorry this didn't help.

same problem - no idea how to fix it :-(
Nick Herrick

Sorry this didn't help.