OneNote 2013 Messed up the Text Recognition in Picture

I have both OneNote 2010 and 2013 on two different computer. 
If I print a pdf document into 2010, the text recognition in picture, although not completely accurate every time, is fine. Even if the notebook is opened by 2013 later, as long as I do not change the language recognition settings (which means I do not switch to, for example French, and switch back to English), it is fine as well.
However, if the pdf document is brought in via OneNote 2013, the text recognition then becomes horrible. It may still tell you the searched word in a particular page, but is never able to highlight it right. It will also mess up the pdf originally brought in via 2010 if I switch the language recognition setting to, for example Spanish, and back to English.
Interestingly enough, if the document is brought in via 2013 and opened by 2010, as long as I switch the language recognition back and forth, it will be fine than.

I believe something wrong with the OneNote 2013 OCR. I am wondering if any body else has encountered the same problem?
|
Answer
Answer
Change the system font size to Small (100%) will solve this problem.

The quickest way I find is to right click on desktop and go to screen resolution, find "make text and other items larger or smaller. Change the setting to Small - 100% and apply.

Then log off and log on again.

Users may (or may not) need to re-print the document to OneNote, or switch the recognition language back and forth to make things perfect.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 11, 2020 Views 2,776 Applies to: