Question

Q: OneNote 2013 - Crash on Sync

I have two notebooks, one for work and one personal, that are synced to SkyDrive. A few days ago on my main system (with Office 2013 installed) OneNote crashed on launch. It appears that the crash is occurring when either during the notebook sync or when it starts. I don't have any issue on my other computers (which are still running OneNote 2010).

On crash the "Close the Program/Debug the Program" dialog, but neither option does anything other than close the notebook. I've tried closing one of the notebooks immediately on launch, but as it tries to sync to the server before close the crash still occurs.

Needless to say, I'm dead in the water and use OneNote for all meeting notes, tracking of various projects, and so on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-greg

Answer

A:

I do have another suggestion - that is valid starting today.

Apply all available updates through Microsoft update. This should install a set of office updates, including this one: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2737968

This apply to full install of Office. Some installs are using the click-to-run technologies and updates should apply in the background - this might take a few days (I was told within a week of Feb 2013)

If you do File->Account, you should see the version number on the right. The update should have build number >= 15.0.4454.15xx

IF YOU STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM, please include the following:

- Version number (from File->Account)

- When does it crash (on boot, on using a command, when synching starts)

- Make sure to "look for a solution" when asked, and include the event information (bucket # of fault information, as described here: http://blogs.technet.com/b/arykhus/archive/2008/12/11/finding-useful-crash-data-and-windows-error-reporting-wer.aspx)

Hope this helps,

Benoit Barabe, Director of Development in Office.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 14,332 Last updated: May 28, 2018 Applies to: