How to disable hyperlink warning messages in Office 2013 programs?

It's back again in 2013... that absurdly ubiquitous and annoying hyperlink warning.

I had to make changes in regedit for previous versions of Office as explained here. Unfortunately, however, it does not look like a similar process fixes the problem for 2013.

When I try to make the same changes to the Office 2013 registry (folder 15.0), it still gives the security warning.

Following the instructions in the link above, I noticed that it would not save my  DWORD value as a "Decimal" but always changes it automatically to "Hexadecimal" when I reopen the file.

I also tried the same process creating a 64-bit QWORD instead of DWORD, but no result there either.

Any ideas?
Answer
Answer

I have fixed this problem on my machine by following the steps in that link and substituting "14.0" with "15.0".  That is:

1. Run regedit

2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common

3. Create a KEY called "Security" here by right clicking on the Common key and selecting New->Key and typing "Security"

4. Create a DWORD in the Security key by right clicking on Security, selecting New->DWORD and type in "DisableHyperlinkWarning"

5. Change the value of this DWORD to 1

Worked for me, good luck to the rest of you.

Coxy

101 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 14, 2020 Views 31,221 Applies to: