Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues

I have installed office 2013 (64 Bit), on WIN 8 Machine (new laptop), and after all the updates, I get this error continuously for last two days :(

I do not have Office365 subscription, I have bought a regular retail box.

I also tried to look at the following key using regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet\WebServiceCache\AllUsers\office15client.microsoft.com\config15–lcid=1033&syslcid=2057&uilcid=1033&build=15.0.4433&crev=1\FilePath) 

I do not have \Internet\ folder in my registry, so not sure where the error is :(

Question Info

Last updated January 22, 2019 Views 128,027 Applies to:
Answer
I solved this issue for myself by doing this:
Open Internet Explorer (I know, weird, right? Apparently they are connected somehow and even if you never use Explorer you have to do this to solve this activation problem.)
Go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Reset Button
Once it has completed resetting to default settings, it will prompt you to restart your machine.
Then Office automatically started streaming..for quite a while..presumably an additional update??
When that was complete, I opened Excel, clicked Activate and it worked. It ACTUALLY worked, after a week of "Sorry, we are having temporary server issues." Turns out it wasn't temporary OR a server issue. I hope this works for everyone with this problem and you won't have to spend hours on the phone and Googling for clues to troubleshoot this error. 

188 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Well !! it worked with me.. I was connected on wifi.. there was network setting which was preventing me from logging in, I moved to a different WIFI network, and it logged in (wasted three hours) :(

I think MS Off connects to specific ports, if those could have been know, it would have saved a lot of stress :(

64 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.