Problems installing Office 2013, PROPSYS.dll error message

I'm trying to install Student and Home Office 2013 on my new laptop, when opening the Setup.X86 .exe file I get the following message: C:\users\Andrea\AppData\Local\Temp\PROPSYS.dll is either not designed to run on Widows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again ... and etc, Error status 0xc000012f. I have downloaded it again, tried installing it again, tried uninstalling windows 365 which stalled and said couldn't be completed, tried not uninstalling but changing and repairing Microsoft Office per other comments on the forum. Nothing is working.
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Office Community and thanks for providing us an opportunity to assist you.
I understand that you are getting an error C:\users\Andrea\AppData\Local\Temp\PROPSYS.dll while installing Office 2013 on your computer.

Check if you have an earlier version or a trial copy of Office suite on the computer.
1. Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.
2. Type appwiz.cpl in the Run command window -> Click OK.

Remove any previous version or trial copy of Office suite on the computer if found.

Step 1:
Follow the Method 1 to Remove any traces of Office 365/2013 suite using the Microsoft Troubleshooter from the following article
:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Step 2:
Let us clear temp folder.

1. Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.
2. Type %temp% -> Click on OK.

3. Delete all the files from temporary folder.

Step 3:
Restart the computer in Clean Boot and check if you can send e-mails. Refer the article on How to restart the computer in Clean Boot:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting in clean boot, ensure you restart the computer in normal mode.

Login to www.office.com/myaccount with the same Live ID which was used to register Office 2013 suite, click Install Office.

This should allow you to re-install the Office 2013 suite. If not, reply and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank You

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2020 Views 4,027 Applies to: