Question

Q: Office 2013 Professional and FrontPage!

I am currently running Office 2010 Professional on a Windows 7 computer. I also still use FrontPage 2003 on the machine. I am trying to install Office 2013 Professional, but have a problem. When I try to do a 64 bit install, I get an error message telling me that it recognizes FrontPage which is 32 bit, and that I have to uninstall it before I can proceed. If I try doing the 32 bit install, the error message tells me that he finds the 64 bit version of Office 2010 which I will have to uninstall before proceeding. 

Is there any way to do the 64 bit install and keep FrontPage as I still use that program extensively!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No.........

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

Would the same problems hold true for Office 365? I was really surprised by this since FrontPage's was last published in 2003!

If I deleted FrontPage and installed the 64 bit Office 2013, could I go back an re-install FrontPage?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community and thanks for posting the question. As I understand, you need to install the 64-bit version of Office 2013 while still being able to use the 32-bit version of FrontPage 2003. Let me help you with this issue.

I have a few questions for you:

1.       Why exactly do you want to install the 64-bit version of Office 2013?

2.       What is the exact error message that you get when you try to install the 32-bit version of Office 2013?

32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office will not co-exist on the same machine. So if you currently have FrontPage 2003 and Office 2010 installed, they both are 32-bit.

Now, if you want to install 64-bit Office 2013, you will have to remove FrontPage 2003 and Office 2010 which are 32-bit. The same criteria holds true for Office 365. Also, if you remove FrontPage, you will not be able to reinstall it after you install the 64-bit version of Office 2013.

You may note that this issue wouldn’t occur if you try to install the 32-bit version of Office 2013. So, if you’re not keen on installing the 64-bit version of Office 2013, you may consider installing the 32-bit version.

When you install the 32-bit version of Office 2013, you may face issues if it detects any remnants of the failed installation of the 64-bit version of Office 2013. To resolve this, run the ‘Fixit’ provided in the article below, to remove all traces of Office 2013 from the computer. Once it’s done, restart the computer and then reinstall Office 2013 (32-bit).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: For 64 bit Windows, save the Fixit onto the computer and then run the Fixit from the saved location.

Hope that helps. Let us know in case you have further concerns. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have Office 2010 already installed on the machine, though I am not sure what version. When I tried to install the 64 bit version, a message popped up telling me that I need to uninstall FrontPage which it found on my computer.

If I try to install the 32 bit version of Office 2013, the message that pops up tells me that I have to remove the 64 bit version of Office 2010 first.

You may be right that this is being caused by the first failed installation of Office 2013. I will try your suggestion about Fixit and start over. I'll post after I get that done.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried running Fixit, but it did not find any errors. I then went to the Control Panel looking to uninstall. Office Professional Plus 2010 is listed, but there is no listing for Office 2013.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the exact Setup Error that I am getting if I try to install the 32 bit version of Office 2013:

"We can't install the 32-bit version of Office because we found the following 64-bit programs on your PC:

Microsoft Office 32-bit Components 2010
Microsoft Professional Plus 2010

Please uninstall all 64-bit Office programs, then retry installing 32-bit Office. It you want to install 64-bit Office instead, please run the 64-bit setup."

This is after running the Fixit program which found no errors. It returns a message that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

Sorry this didn't help.

When I try to install the 64-bit version, this is the exact Startup Error that I get:

"We can't install the 64-bit version of Office because we found the following 32-bit programs on your PC:

Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003

Please uninstall all 32-bit Office programs, the retry installing 64-bit Office. If you want to install 32-bit Office instead, please run the 32-bit setup.

Sorry this didn't help.

From what you say, it seems that you have Frontpage which is 32-bit and Office Pro Plus 2010 which is 64-bit installed on the same machine. Strange…really strange!!!

32-bit and 64-bit office applications will not run side by side…atleast its not ‘supposed’ to run. Ideally, you were supposed to get the same error (to remove frontpage 32-bit) when you installed off 2010 64-bit.  I really don’t know how it allowed you to install off 2010 64-bit when you already had FP 32bit…unless we’re missing something big here. It’s better to contact MS and have a tech look at your computer to know what exactly is going on.

If you ask me, this is the best thing to do now:

Uninstall off 2010 64-bit.

Install off 2010 32-bit.

Install off 2013 32-bit.

Sorry this didn't help.

From what you say, it seems that you have Frontpage which is 32-bit and Office Pro Plus 2010 which is 64-bit installed on the same machine. Strange…really strange!!!

32-bit and 64-bit office applications will not run side by side…atleast its not ‘supposed’ to run. Ideally, you were supposed to get the same error (to remove frontpage 32-bit) when you installed off 2010 64-bit.  I really don’t know how it allowed you to install off 2010 64-bit when you already had FP 32bit…unless we’re missing something big here. It’s better to contact MS and have a tech look at your computer to know what exactly is going on.

If you ask me, this is the best thing to do now:

Uninstall off 2010 64-bit.

Install off 2010 32-bit.

Install off 2013 32-bit.

I am - in fact - afraid - that you are - wrong (!).

I also have Microsoft Office 2010 Professional (64 bits edition) installed, together with Microsoft FrontPage 2003 (32 bits edition).

The trick is as simple as this:

Install *all* the 64 bits stuff that has/have trouble with Microsoft FrontPage first - before you install Microsoft FrontPage.

Sorry this didn't help.

I installed office 2010 onto C drive as office 2010 then Office 2013 into program files there was no conflict

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 14,375 Last updated: May 17, 2018 Applies to: