How to remove Office 2013 add-in affecting program loading??

I've identified the COM add-in that was causing my Outlook, Word, and Excel loading issues. I want to run these programs as Admin, so that I can remove this particular add-in, however each time I start the program as "admin" the same crash happens... Is there a way of running safe mode for Admin rights so that I can remove the add-in?
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community and We will be glad to assist you with your concern.

I will help you to disable the add-ins.

Let us restart Word and Excel in its application safe and check if the issue occurs.

Meanwhile, you may try opening Word and Excel in its application safe following these steps:

Step 1:

To start Word in its application safe, do the following:

Click Start, go to Programs, go to Accessories, click Run, type winword /safe (note there is a space between winword and /).

To start Excel in its application safe, do the following:

Click Start, go to Programs, go to Accessories, click Run, type excel /safe (note there is a space between excel and /).

To start Outlook in its application safe, do the following:

Click Start, go to Programs, go to Accessories, click Run, type outlook /safe (note there is a space between outlookand /).

If the application works fine safe mode, try disabling the add ins for the application and check the result,

• Click the File tab.
  • Go to Options.
  • Click Add-ins.
  • Select or clear the options that you want.

Hope the suggestion is helpful. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2020 Views 34,712 Applies to: