Error 30174-4

When I try to download Office Home & Business 2013, I'm getting this error. 

I can not find Office on my computer, however it's listed in my programs.  When I try to uninstall it I get the following error.

I need to get this installed and setup. 

Thank you!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I actually had Microsoft Office 2013 up and running on my machine earlier; when I first installed it, I had this problem for over a week and a half, but randomly, when I ran the installer, it decided to work again. However, I recently gained a need to get Microsoft Access installed on my machine as well, and when I tried installing that today, it completely broke all of Microsoft office for me. Excel, Word, and outlook all stopped running, and when I navigated to their install-directories, I was not capable of even finding the .EXE's that run them. I've found their manifests, .BAKs, and all the rest of the dependant data, but the executables to run the software itself were missing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and now I'm no longer even capable of getting simple Office 2013 on my machine.

I have a Windows 8 (God, Microsoft, you really should have stuck with Windows 7...), Acer laptop with the Professional edition of the OS. I have tried doing a manual uninstall of the software, using regedit, and cmd to clean up all excess directory-installs, as well as using microsoft fix-it. I have done a clean boot, made sure my computer is completely updated to the most recent adobe flash security update (thats the most recent one my computer has received), and have insured that I have no other versions of office on my machine (This laptop is less than a year old, so little chance of that... especially considering the fact that I've never installed any other version on my machine.) 

Microsoft has been losing its capability to write software which works with their own operating systems, and I'm getting sick of not being capable of using the software I bought to use on my own computer. I've run in to all kinds of "Something went wrong", depending on how I install (Right click and run as admin, launch through CMD, I even wrote something in C# to launch the installer for me....) I've tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but nothing I've attempted has yet to work.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Same problem, error code 30174-4.

Had Office 365 running fine for a week or so. Today did a reset of Windows 8 and now Office refuses to install when I download the install file from the main webpage. I have absolutely nothing else installed on the laptop as it has just been reset, so no idea what could be causing this problem.

Have paid good money for this, and absolutely need it to work.

Microsoft help asap!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I was having the same problem, error code 30174-4 on running Click to Run installation. 

Upon further investigation, I found that I had two simultaneous network connections that routed to the internet. One was a WiFi connection linked to a particular subnet, and the other was a wired ethernet connection linked to a different subnet. Both connections were capable of reaching the internet, although both would have had different public facing IP addresses.

My best guess is that the streaming requires a consistent connection to one IP address, but the client is load balancing or shifting the connection between the two routes.

When I disconnected the wired connection, and kept only the WiFi connection - the problem was resolved.

For those people experiencing the same issue - check to see if you have a wireless and wired connection, or an active VPN or similar.

Ta

Chris

143 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think my problem may have been similar to yours, Chris... I was installing Office at work, which I'm on a domain for... Its quite possible that the ip was being rerouted via several external ports from the network, or something like that, because as soon as I got home, re-ran the fixit, and tried reinstalling (Access, at least), it appears to be working. Fingers crossed that this will work on Office 2013 as well, or else I'm still in trouble...

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

For the error message “Something went wrong....” while installing Office 2013, you may follow the suggestion provided in the article below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031

If the issue still persists, you may follow the steps provide in the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317

Note: Ensure to follow all the steps provided in the above article.

For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Neither of these has fix my problem. I still cannot install any office products. This is really silly that I coulnt even uninstall the product. Where is the support for purchased products!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally got mine to work by switching to WiFi instead of the LAN.  Something about the way the proxy is set up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, same here. Initial error code appeared when I was at work, but as soon as I came home it worked without a single problem. Office all installed now. It must be something to do with the network connection.

I suggest anyone else still needing help should put in a support request via your Office account page (you can be called or have someone chat online with you, usually within 5 to 10 minutes). I received help almost immediately and when the first guy couldn't help, he escalated the issue and I received a call this morning (I gave my desired time slot) from a senior technician. As it happens I missed the call but the technician left a message and even phoned back twice until he got me. I'm quite surprised by the excellent customer service, you just wouldn't expect it from such a huge company. Congratulations MS!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Neither of these has fix my problem. I still cannot install any office products. This is really silly that I coulnt even uninstall the product. Where is the support for purchased products!

Hello Frank,

As you’re unable to uninstall Office 2013, you may manually remove the Office traces from the Computer by following the link below then try to install Office and check how it works.

Refer to the section ‘Manual steps for uninstalling Office 2013 or Office 365’ in order to manually remove the Office traces then try to re-install Office and verify the status.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501/en-us

Also while trying to install Office 2013/Office 365, try the steps suggested by other users who were able to install by changing the network connection.

Let us know the result to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have worked with Microsoft support on this error before. In my case, the problem is that my university's network architecture uses a hidden proxy server to scrub/filter the connection. Both times Microsoft was unable to fix the problem directly. They had a work around where, in last-ditch cases, they just manually install Office without Click-to-Run.

Anyway, yes, this is a network architecture problem.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2020 Views 74,050 Applies to: