Office Home and Student 2013: Unable to login to Microsoft Account

I bought a PC from Currys who installed office Home and Student.  The guy who did so has left and even though I know my account address I don't know the password he inserted (and neither do Currys!).

How do I get over this one as I go round in a Microsoft loop trying to change the one Microsoft are holding?

*Original Title: Chris

Answer
Answer

Hello Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I am sorry that you are facing issues with logging into your Microsoft Account for your Office Home and Student 2013 installation.

Since neither you nor the retailer have the password for the Microsoft Account on which your installation of Office Home and Student 2013 is redeemed, to resolve the issue you need to contact Microsoft Support over the phone and ask for the password to be recovered/reset for your Microsoft Account.

Contact the Microsoft Support over the phone using the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/contact-support 

1) Click on Contact Support which appears in the bottom right of the page > then click on Ask Microsoft.

2) Now select Account and billing > Store, Windows, Office, or other > Chat online with a Microsoft Answer Tech, Schedule a call or Call me as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 334 Applies to: