I have been using Office 2010 since the Beta period and I am now using the release build.
I use Adobe Postscript Type 1 fonts regularly in my documents, and I have found that Word 2010 (and presumably all of the Office 2010 applications) has several problems working with PostScript fonts.
Most notably, the "Save as PDF" function will create documents with an odd gradient effect applied to all PostScript fonts.
Secondarily, the Word editor frequently glitches and renders PostScript fonts using a sans-serif font that looks to be Arial.
The following are a demonstration of the issue:
This is an original document typed in Minion, an Adobe PostScript Type 1 font.
This is the document as rendered by muPDF, a very lightweight PDF reader. Note that the official Adobe Acrobat Reader will render the document correctly. I suspect Microsoft only tested the PDF export functionality with the Adobe Reader and concluded that it was functioning correctly. But please note that alternative readers are fairly commonplace, especially with so many security issues being found daily in Adobe's products.
I don't have access to a Mac, but the above screenshot was from a Mac's PDF reader attempting to display a different PDF document I had sent a colleague.
Finally, during regular use of Word 2010, the editor will fail to render PostScript Type 1 fonts correctly, falling back on a sens-serif font that I believe to be Arial. See below:
Please investigate these issues, Microsoft!