I have multiple word documents on I get a error window pop up that says. "Run-time error '4248'"

Original Title: Run-time error '4248':

For some reason, when I have multiple word documents on I get a error window pop up that says. 

Microsoft Visual basic

Run-Time error '4248':
This command is not available because no document is open. 

Continue (grayed out), END, Debug ( grayed out), Help. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank You
Answer
Answer
That error is coming from a macro, which is probably in an add-in. To diagnose the cause, you need to disable or uninstall each add-in, one at a time, until you find the one whose removal makes the messages stop appearing.

Go to File > Options > Add-Ins to see what's loaded. Make a note of the Location value for each active add-in that's described as "Template" in the Type column. (You probably need to test only the "template" type of add-in, because the other types don't usually cause macro-type errors.) Then close Word.

Now go to the location of one of the templates and move its file to a different folder (such as C:\temp) where Word won't find it during startup. Restart Word and repeat the situation that usually causes the error message. If the message still appears, shut down Word, restore the add-in you moved, and move out a different one. Eventually you should find one that makes the message stop. Then you can go to wherever you got that add-in and ask to have it fixed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 17, 2019 Views 6,356 Applies to: