Question

I got an error saying, "The file Group 6 - Mini Project # 3 cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents" and then the details say "Unspecified error Location..."

Ben_04 asked on

Original Title: "Unspecified error     Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 0".

I got an error saying, "The file Group 6 - Mini Project # 3 cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents" and then the details say "Unspecified error     Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 0".     What does this mean and why will my document no longer open?

24 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Jeeped replied on

I would be more than happy to have someone try to repair it.

You had a number of XML tag errors. Some had to do with oMath (e.g. formulas) and some looked like redundant tags that were not removed when content was deleted. I believe I've managed to rescue the entire document of 63 pages.

You will want to closely proofread a couple of sections where I removed or repaired internal tags. First, just past the phrase x 15GPM activated carbon filters used in series to remove chlorine, sediment and micro: and secondly, just past the phrase 10x 123W solar panels provide electrical power:, both on page 38.

I've uploaded a copy of the rebuilt file to my SkyDrive here. If you do not have SP1 for Office 2010 installed, I would heartily recommend that you get it in place before further file editing.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Jeeped replied on

... sorry to dump into your tread, but I have the problem as mentioned in your post ...

Please feel free to dump away! If corrupt DOCX requests get posted into this thread, I'm notified on my profile page so it is an expedient method of getting my attention. I may miss something that gets posted into a new question. Case in point: the last one I noticed and dealt with several hours after the original request. Other (possibly more competent) repair geeks may miss the request, but at least attention is directed somewhere. If no assistance is offered, you can always repost into a new thread.

I had to chop some information out of the end of your document but otherwise the first 13 pages of content should be intact.

Your repaired document is loaded to my SkyDrive here. The problem was similar to others in that it seemed to be formatting tags revolving around deleted content. As mentioned previously, make sure that Office 2010 SP1 is installed before continuing with any further editing.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress