How to save styles for the other documents on MS Word 2010?

I don't even know If this is possible but for me it would be very convenient If I could open some document and have all my previously created styles. Unfortunately, now every time I edit some document I have to create those styles all over again so I could apply them. I think there should be something like a template but the problem is that when I use template it is only good for creating documents from scratch and not editing (i.e. I can't open existing document with my template having all style setups and edit it).

In the Developer tab, click on Document Template and then in Templates and Add-ins dialog, click on  the Attach button and navigate to your template and attach it to the document.  Then on the Home tab, click on the Change Styles drop down and then on Style Set and then select Reset to Quick Styles from [Template Name]

If in your template, you have added the styles to the Quick Style list, they will then appear in the Styles gallery.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - MVP Office Apps & Services (Word)
dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com
Screen shots by Snagit from www.techsmith.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Doug - It worked, I knew there would be a solution out there somewhere!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2020 Views 1,324 Applies to: