Error Message - "This version of Microsoft Application Virtualization is incompatible with this version of Microsoft Office Click-to-Run. For more information, contact your system administrator".

Hi

I have been using Microsoft Word Starter 2010 with Windows 7 Home Premium for a couple of years. Today (Feb 12th) I tried to open my Word and Excel documents and I received the message "This version of Microsoft Application Virtualization is incompatible with this version of Microsoft Office Click-to-Run. For more information, contact your system administrator". I can't understand why I can't access my documents today when I have had no problems over the last couple of years. Can anyone offer any advice please?

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting the question.

I would assist you in resolving the issue of unable to work Office Starter edition.

In order to resolve the issue of Office Starter edition, let’s try the below steps:

·         You may try to repair Office Starter 2010 then try to open the applications and check if that resolves the issue.

To do so go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Select the Office 2010 suite installed > Click on Change > Repair > Continue.

·         If the issue still persists then try to uninstall and reinstall Office Starter 2010 by following the article mentioned below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2465140

Follow the steps and let us know if that helps. If the issue persists, reply and we will be happy to help you. 

Thank You. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2023 Views 2,001 Applies to: