converting Publisher 2010 to PDF causes font color change

Howdy!  I'm using Win 7, Office 2010 and Acrobat 8.  I can convert word files to PDFs with no problem, using the Office built-in PDF conversion (NOT the "Print to" option, because I need the hyperlinks to be active).  However, when I convert from Publisher 2010 to a PDF, all is well except any color text (different fonts, including hyperlink text) changes to a very dark grey, almost black.  The colors that I'm using are a dark red, and the default blue hyperlink font.  The fonts I'm using are standard Arial and Perpetua, which are defaults.

I've tried lots of troubleshooting, but nothing seems to work.  Most of the online help I've found has to do with converting to pdf by using the print driver option, which of course won't work for me, as I need the hyperlinks active.

Last time this happened, I was still using Office 2007, and was able to use the Adobe pdfmaker option instead of the "added on" built in Office pdf converter.  That corrected the problem.  However, now the Adobe pdfmaker doesn't seem to be an option, as I understand that there is some sort of conflict that keeps it from working correctly.

Any ideas how to keep my fonts from changing to black/grey?

Thanks.

Answer
Answer

I think I found the answer to this:  Even though you are not printing it, if you have a color printer, set that as the default printer, then Save As PDF and it will hopefully work.  All font colors and links should be preserved. 

When I change my default printer back to my black and white laser, it stops working as desired.

This problem only started to happen to me after I installed a color printer.

Hope this helps!

Ryan

129 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 19, 2020 Views 43,631 Applies to: