Fonts change to Univers 45 Light

I'm betting someone has a simple answer for this....

Working with a group of other freelance developers, each with whatever type of PC we own, we submit documents to our major client with most text in Ariel. This is their specification. Whenever we get the documents back from them, Ariel has been changed to Univers 45 Light. Every time. Does this have something to do with changes to Office 2007 and 2010? I don't think it does as I just opened a document with 2003 and it still shows Univers 45 Light

I can make a global replacement to Ariel Unicode (as they are both double-byte fonts) but why should this happen at all? I thought Ariel was one of the MS default fonts.

Thanks for your help.

Question Info

Last updated October 22, 2019 Views 4,808 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Well that was a really good and valuable discussion you too had but it never did resolve the issue.

So, since we are a rather smart bunch out in Internet land, someone else such as us will have to provide an actual solution that will work....thanks to Spreadsheet Pete.

So, when you have the nasty PPTx file open and the unvers 45 font take over, do the following...
- Click on the design tab
- Then over on the right click the Fonts dropdown
- Just select a font such as Office Classic Ariel - just to annoy Steve and make Bob smile.

Viola, your presentation should be fine and you can now read everything.

Well it's off to find a solution to another problem!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.