Error Starting Broadcast with PowerPoint 2010 but it worked a few weeks ago

I used the PowerPoint 2010 Broadcast Slide Show successfully a few weeks ago without any trouble.  I'd used it mulitple times prior to that without any trouble on this computer on this network.

Today when I try however I receive a message "Error Starting Broadcast - Cannot Connect to this service. Check your network connection and try again."  I've tried for over an hour.

Aside from applying Microsoft security updates this morning, nothing has changed in our environment.  We have not changed our firewall settings nor the firewall settings within Windows 7 on this computer. Any idea what could be causing this error?

Thanks,

Mike

Question Info

Last updated June 7, 2019 Views 3,184 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Thank you for the reply. 

I am not using wireless.

I tried using msconfig to reboot with a diagnostic startup but received an error from PowerPoint after the reboot stating that Office could not verify the license and therefore was shutting down.

I rebooted again with normal startup. I tried again but still received the error message. As a shot in the dark I tried adding a new broadcast service and typedhttp://pptbroadcast.officeapps.live.com.  This too failed.  Since it failed I then deleted this newly added service and tried the default PowerPoint Broadcast Service and it suddenly worked.  I've tried it 6 times and it works flawlessly. 

It would appear that by creating and then deleting the new service some flag, setting, or whatever was causing the trouble was reset. 

I hope this helps someone else who might run across the same problem.

Mike

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.