Trying to get rid of message: 'If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in browser'

I have a drupal system sending out HTML emails to users on an Exchange server, so need emails to display properly in Outlook 2010. I've managed to get them displaying fine in Outlook but now I can't seem to get rid of the following message: 'If there are problems with how this message is displayed, click here to view it in browser'.

The only info I can find is telling me how to get this message to show up; either by putting
'#ForceOutlook2010BrowserLink span { padding: 0px; }'
within the <head> tag or putting
'<span style="padding: 0px;"></span>'
within the <body> tag.

I do not have either of these in my email, but the message is still showing up for these emails. I've tried removing all padding from the CSS, and have tried both having the CSS inline and having it embedded (within <style></style> tags).

It's not a big deal if the message is shown, but I'd much rather it wasn't there at all. If anyone knows what I need to change in my emails to stop this message from appearing on the recipients' mail clients it'd be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2019 Views 7,171 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Managed to figure it out eventually, thanks for the help.

May not be of much help to any one else, but the trick for me was:
1. Removing all thead and tbody tags from the body of the message.
2. Changing all inline CSS to embedded CSS.

The message stopped showing up after making the above changes.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.