The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.

I get the error "The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" when I open MS Outlook 2010. I am running a local installation and not through an exchange server. I think this happened because I installed a copy of office 2003 from a CD from work where I was connected to a server over a VPN. I tried removing the old version of office before I installed Office 2010 for home use, but still get this problem. I deleted a lot of Outlook and Exchange information from the registry but still get the same problem. How can I get Outlook to open without expectin to be connected to a server?
Answer
Answer
Create a new Outlook profile from the Control Panel, set the new profile as default and then try to open Outlook and check if it works fine.
Refer the link mentioned below on how to create a new profile:

55 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
When you create the new profile don't repeat the same error by configuring it to use Microsoft Exchange.

If you have manually removed Outlook keys from the registry then all bets are off. You will probably also have to repair Office to put them back.
Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP 2002-2019)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

181 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 18, 2020 Views 214,222 Applies to: